Last year I placed thickened epoxy in the rudders and stern posts for the rudder lashings. Now it was time to drill into those spots for the rudder lashings. I ordered some 2.5mm Dyneema line for the lashings and made a template for drilling. It was easy to drill the holes in the rudders using the template and the drill press. However, it was harder to get plumb and level holes in the stern posts. I made a guide stick that I could lash to the stern posts and then level and plumb as needed. I used the stick as a visual guide for the drill bit and the results were pretty good.
After drilling the holes I temporarily lashed the rudders in place to check the fit.