My Sailing Life .. So Far!
- 1992 - College sailing class with Sunfish and small beach catamaran in Waco, Tx
- 2002 - 2003 - Crewed on an E-scow on Canyon Ferry Reservoir, MT
- 2003 - 2008 - Member of True North Sail Club on Canyon Ferry
- 2008 - 2015 - Owned a MacGregor 22 - Blue Mona
- 2015 - Purchased a Tiki 21 in Eastern Canada
- 2016 - Retrieved the new boat only to have it fall apart in the water
- 2017 - Rebuilt some of the parts of the boats
- 2018 - Decided to rebuild the entire boat but didn’t get finished before winter
- 2018 - 2019 - Spent the winter in Ghana working on another Tiki 21
- 2019 - 2020 - Spent the winter in Montana finishing my rebuild
- 2020 - The first splash for Mona Risa (I hope!)
The intent of this blog is to give back to the Wharram community. During my build, it was incredibly helpful for me to read what others had done. So I wanted to do the same for other builders and sailors. Tiki 21 blogs helpful to me were:
And the great community at Wharram Builders and Friends.
And just for inspiration check out Esperantos - a self-designed and built catamaran as a platform for the arts!