Build Date: February 2018

The fore hatches on the boat had not been covered in fiberglass. That’s according to the building plans. However, the wood had checked badly and the paint cracked. I sanded the hatches down and glassed them. To make fiberglassing easier, I would have liked to use a router to roll the edges and corners more. But the thickness of the wood used prevented that. Bending the fiberglass around the corners was a little difficult but came out OK.

Original Hatches

Glassing Hatches

Glassed Hatches

Painted Hatches

Note: After I built the new hulls, I built all new fore hatches to match. So this bit of work was just extra fiberglassing practice!

» Next Post